Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Psalm 37:4-5 Delight in the Lord

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Take delight in the Lord,
and He will grant you your heart's requests.
Commit to the Lord your way;
trust in Him, and He will act.
Psalm 37:4-5

This is one of those mornings in which my body seemed overly tired.  When I answered the early ringing of the phone, I must admit I was seeking refuge from answering it.  Early morning calls are not how you wish to awaken.  Although God is faithful and there is no limit to His grace... I felt so distanced from the joy of the Lord.

This passage reminded me to not stay complacent, that there is in fact a higher way of thinking that I could embrace.  I could seek to put forth the energy to contemplate His words, given to me this morning, and seek to understand.  I could choose to draw nearer to Him:

Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you.
James 4:8

I read that God never leaves us where we are... and with every effort we make to draw near... we are promised He will come close to us. He not only will come close to us... but He will become our heart's desire (Let's Pray by James Banks).

Today is a day... it began slow... I don't know where it's leading... The joy of the Lord is deep within me and I will seek to bring it to the surface... today is a day for me to draw near to our Lord... I am choosing to walk closely with Him in our garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4