Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lamentations 3:22-24 His Steadfast Love

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
 His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning;
 great is you faithfulness, 
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him."
Lamentations 3: 22-24

With the sun rising, the garden was bustling with the newness of the dawn.  Soaring with every robin, I was in a place of gratitude.  You know that place... where everything "feels" right, balanced in its own timing... no before and no after.  Hopeful, cleansed, peace-filled.

Today's readings unveiled a truth about my "feelings," I have always stumbled with others when I would feel compassion and tell them... "I'm sorry."  Those who look for weakness would take this statement and create a stronghold for accusations against me... they recognized my weakness... my sense of failure and shame.  Relearning a statement that is compassionate, simply stated, and "guilt-free"... well I still am walking out this learning.  What was the compassion or empathy I was really trying to say... I'm sorry you are experiencing that... I'm sorry you that you are feeling so alone... I'm sorry they hurt you...  

Today, I'm looking for those words which would be healing, loving, and supportive... I'll pray.

"We were free in Christ because He had forgiven us and broken off our shackles of guilt and shame" (Robin Jones Gunn).  I choose to take my "wrongs" before the Lord.  Quickly before they set into my heart, spirit, or mind.  "Forgive me, my Lord.  I should not have said... I was weak and did...  That was sinful minded..."  Then I receive His forgiveness with praise.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1

Instead of shame or guilt... I am choosing to "put on:" 
  • His Grace: Job 10:12 and Hebrews 4:16
  • His Sufficiency: Philippians 4:13
  • His Prosperity: Joshua 1:8
  • His Fulfillment: Matthew 5:16
  • His Blessings: Deuteronomy 28:2
Today I am choosing to run to Jesus... He delivers...freedom!
"Shame off you... Grace on you..."
Robin Jones Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4