Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Matthew 3:8 Being Fruitful

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
Matthew 3:8

What joy it is to walk through your garden.  Stopping here and there to admire the beauty, to gaze at the fruits of your labor, to speak strength and nourishing words over those plants that might need some extra TLC.

To ponder over the blessings that have been freely given to us through His graciousness.  The fruit of the work of our hands, our calling, our talents, and our gifts.  I know, that I know... my heart and my mind must remain free from all shame-guilt-negative words or actions.  How can I ever make up for those negative thoughts, actions, or words I've spoken?  

Within in my spirit, I remain in training with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  He continues to guide my spirit in what is pleasing to the Lord and what is not of the Lord.  Discernment of the truth, God's word, and the spirits can be gently tugging me or can instantly "Bam!" my inner core.  That's when I stop... I find a place to be with Him... I humbly listen for His direction.  
  • Yep, I was humanly in the wrong.  
  • Yep, I should not have said that, forgive me my Lord and bring healing and blessings to ____.  
  • Yep, my heart, mind, and soul did not need that seed planted, forgive me for watching/listening/partaking in ______, shut those doors and windows and place a hedge of protection around my heart and mind keeping me safe under the shadow of your wings, for it is written no weapon formed against me will prosper.
I want the garden of my life to be a place that will bring a smile to Abba's face.  I want to walk freely with my Lord.  Free from anything that would cause even one tear to form in His eye.  I've done that, been there, and do not ever want to touch His heart with my sinful ways... not anymore.  

Holding tight to Him with a repentant heart ushers me into His presence.  I can have that "bounce" in my step, my eyes can reflect His love to everyone, my patience is strong, my joy overflows, and maybe... just maybe you notice Him instead of me.

Today I am pondering the words of Harriet E Crosby (Gifts from my Garden):

"I want my life to bear its own kind of fruit.
As I follow God,
I pray that my heart will become a kind of spiritual orchard,
providing a harvest of love, forgiveness, and generosity."

Just for today, my Lord... I will....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4