Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, July 13, 2014

John 15:5 With Jesus all things are Possible

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

...apart from me you can do nothing,
John 15:5

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it... my spirit, heart, and mind can be singing these words as I awaken, as I am moving through the day, as I am cooking... watering... or doing laundry.  Yet, how deeply do I trust every moment of the day to Jesus' care?  Do I fully realize and accept the depth of Jesus' love?

As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.
John 15:9

Throughout the bible, God's word proclaims His love for each of us.  Jesus' words and actions bids us to "come," to "learn," and to "follow."  He cautions us not to do anything apart from Him.  Yet, with that caution we also know of His promise that we can do all things through Him.  He is our strength, our strong-tower, our intercessor, and our friend.

There are so many moments that I wrestle with the "why's" of my life.  The biggest struggle for me is: "Why, if I know... that I know... that all good things comes from Him... I still try to force my will or agenda rather than just peacefully walk out my daily chores?"
I thirst for His joy, down deep in my soul... I hunger for His gracious peace to just be... I long to be filled to overflowing as a quiet witness of His work in a life of a servant and prayer warrior.  Hmmmm... a servant of His that is under construction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4