Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Joyful Contentment

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Isn't it amazing how some "unexpected" confirmation reminds you that our Lord is listening.  When I opened my devotional this morning I thought that the above passage fit with the other passages I've been pondering over for the past few weeks.  But, it wasn't until I read on, that I was given a deeper level of understanding about being "joyful."

I have known a few people that are living and walking out the "joyful" living aspect of walking by faith.  I've read numerous books, meditations, and inspirational biographies in which "joyful" living is discussed... prayed for... and hoped for.  You know those moments because at some point you have had an encounter with "joyful" living and it's freedom from the Lord.  There are, oh, so many moments during my journey that I crave... I hunger... for the return of that form of faith "walking."  

So, back to today's revelation... Have you considered the connection between being "joyful" and "perfect contentment in God and His promises?" I know to be content with His blessings, His guidance, and  His watch over me and mine... Yet, for the promises of being "joyful always," I must admit I had categorized this blessing as something to hope for.  With God providing this morning's fomula:

Joyful always = perfect contentment in God and His promises

Well I know I can accept and walk this promise out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4