Within the Garden of my Heart

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Psalm 19:1 Reassurance

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

In Gifts from my Garden by Harriet E. Crosby, my spirit was lifted with her words:
"I am instantly reassured that God's creation is good. One day, the darkness will be banished once and for all. Beauty and virtue will abound. My garden tells me, again and again, that God has defeated every foe."

Whether it is in my garden or "falling" into the stars at night, I see the goodness and beauty of His creation.  I can take those moments to walk with Him and talk with Him.  I don't need answers... I only need to be immersed in His goodness.  His goodness has a way of "putting away" any thing within me and refreshing me with hope and joy.  When a toddler first finds joy and has that "overflowing" giggle of delight you can hear the pureness of joy... their joyous delight pouring out from a heart that is happy and freed to enjoy that one moment in time.

Now it would be odd if we spent every moment in that "child-like" joy... and yet that is how I feel when so many moments are freely given for me to stop... and live... experience... and tuck away into my soul of treasured memories.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Hebrews 13:8 

What can lift my heart, in an instant, above any daily trial or feeling?  It's the understanding, the reassurance that my God is a trustworthy God... eternally diligent in His watch over me and mine... unchanging even in this world's chaos.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Amen
Matthew 6:13

In my daily devotional, Journey by David Jeremiah, he reminded me to use the final words of the Lord's prayer to bring me into an ever-deepening and more-trusting relationship with God... an I trust You, Lord... freedom. 

O God, the ugliness of evil cannot overcome the goodness of your light.
Let my garden declare the power and beauty of Your word.
Amen 
Harriet E. Crosby 
Gifts from My Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4