Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Deuteronomy 4:39-40 Living Long and Strong

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Know therefore this day and consider it in thine heart,
 that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
  Thou shalt keep therefore His statutes, and His commandments,
 which I command thee this day,
 that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee,
 and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth,
 which the Lord thy God giveth thee, for ever.
Deuteronomy 4:39-40

His blessings... I often heard of blessings, yet I never knew that blessings were ours to accept and claim.  I always thought that if you were deemed "good enough," you would be blessed.  What is truth?  Abba, El Shadi, is our creator... He has already deemed us to be "good enough," we are made in His image.  He sent His son to die for us!  He has conquered death... We are to be His for eternity!  

Of course there is that one little step of: 
  • Asking His son, Jesus, to be our Lord and Savior
  • Then there is confessing it before others and being baptized by water in the Holy name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
  • Asking and receiving the Holy Spirit as our comforter, our spiritual guide, with all of His fruits and gifts
  • Walking by faith, in His word daily = believing + claiming + speaking + thinking = witnessing.  
  • Letting His statutes, principles, and commandments guide our thoughts, mind, and actions.  
Wow, this seems like such a list of demands. How could I ever make such changes?  Well, that's just it... I can't!  Through the Trinity, all power of His becomes renewed, rejuvenated, refreshed within me... every day, every hour of the day, every second in which I am willing to focus on Him.

During one of my Bible studies, I was given some passages for living long and strong.  I am so thankful that I don't have to find this path on my own... we are truly blessed beyond measure for we live in a day that all access is at our fingertips... it's up to us to decide what nourishment we will be digesting on this day... at this moment...  Walking by faith meant taking a leap of faith and letting His word guide me.  All I could give in return was my beginning and ending moments of my day, a willingness to follow His lead, and the desire to never walk alone and in darkness again....

It is with hopefulness that these passages will be a light unto your path as they are mine...
  • Walking the Word = Proverbs 4:18-22
  • Live Worth Living = Proverbs 3:13-16
  • Living Long = Ephesians 6:2-3
  • Length of Days = Proverbs 3:1-2
  • Enjoying Life = Deuteronomy 4:39-40
  • Faith by Hearing = Romans 10:17
  • Wages of Sin = Romans 6:23
  • Blessings or Curses = Deuteronomy 28
  • Blessed Health = Isaiah 46:4
Living long and strong... I can't do it without Him... and I can't walk it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4