Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Matthew 6:11 Our Daily Bread

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit...

Give us this day our daily bread.
Matthew 6:11

For a few years I have been in a continuous prayer mode with the "Lord's Prayer."  It is true that out of the ashes, our Lord pours forth His blessings to those in faith-filled prayer.  During the time of complete surrender, I took my down time and read the book, Amish Grace: How Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy.  I know that in the midst of chaos, loss, and holding on to your faith for comfort and strength seems like a bad time to read something so horrifying, so disturbing, and so emotional.  And yet, I found solace.  In the story, the reporter questions how the Amish can be so forgiving in the midst of their tragedy... a response was that they do not just pray the Lord's prayer... they meditate on each verse, each word... all through their day (as they work, as they praise, as they gather).  My response was, Wow... what must that be like?  So... I accepted the gentle nudging and began putting on the Lord's prayer as I drove to work, while I had those moments between students, as I drove home, as I cooked dinner, as my family watched their shows, and as I walked in my garden before bed time.

"Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. This is how you are to pray:
'Our Father (Abba) who art in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
thy kingdom come, 
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from the evil one.'
If you forgive the faults of others, your heavenly Father will forgive you yours."
Matthew 6: 8-14

Our Father provides daily, hourly, minute by minute what we need and what the desires of our heart and spirit requests...  It is in our thanksgiving, our worship of His provisions that we begin to trust... to believe... to stand on His will for us.  His timing, His responses, His mercy and His amazing grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4