Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, July 18, 2014

John 20:29 Blessed

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.
John 20:29

Walking by faith, what does that really mean?  Sometimes I remain strong and just know, that I know.  At other times I ponder why must the walk of faith seem so difficult? Lonely? Not natural?

At Christmas time, most of us hear songs about Mama Mary.  Movies, books, and songs are created to re-tell the story about the birth of our savior, Jesus.  Yet within that story is the truth about a young girl who walked in faith according to a request from our creator.  Any of us who have held our new born child can, in fullness, know what that moment must have been like for Mary and Joseph.  As our children grow, we can contemplate what memories, thoughts, and teachings Mary and Joseph had to model for Jesus.

There are so many moments that I ponder the depth of Mary's willingness... her quiet acceptance... her love and trust in God.  Tears can spring forth in an instant as I consider how Mary's faith-filled "Yes" has given us our eternal salvation through our Lord Jesus.  And it was Mary who had to, at the foot of the cross:
"... see through the darkness, at its worst, as her Son our Lord struggled for His last breath..."

My journey this week is with the book, "Mother Teresa: In the Shadow of Our Lady" by Joseph Langford, MC. I learned that in Mother Teresa's darkness she was able to "cling to God" even if she felt His absence.  This faith became her witness that there is: 
"...meaning to all that happens, and that there is a God who watches over all even when He is neither seen nor felt."

Oh Lord, my God, bless me these days to walk by faith as so many whom have walked before me.  Though I may see and witness your hand at work in the life around me... help me to walk out my belief as a vessel of your love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4