Within the Garden of my Heart

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Isaiah 43:1-4 Fear Not

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine,
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you,
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
You are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you.
Isaiah 43:1-4 
ESV

Oh my Lord, etch these words upon my heart.  Let me walk boldly through this life on earth with these words resonating with in my spirit.  Allow my words and actions to be a light unto others with this message as my foundation.  Grant me your Grace so that your light will shine through my eyes for all who enter my path.

Although there are so many great insights in my daily walk with the book Spoken For, I will be sharing from the last chapter. My journey with Robin and Alyssa has been such a blessing.  Each chapter has provided a window into the messages that our Lord has said about each of us.  Sweet words: wanted... deeply loved... fought for... delighted in... pursued... secure... protected... held... His... chosen... redeemed... and spoken for.  Talk about being filled to overflowing!

If I, if you, and if our names are priceless to Him... then how much more should His names be to us?  To our daily situations? To our moment by moment worship of Him?

Do you the names of God?  Of our Lord Jesus?  I didn't realize how important names were to God until I began reading His word, book by book.  Have you ever wondered why the names in the Bible were changed once they were willing, obedient, and in agreement with God's calling?  What about those who are baptized, confirmed, married, or ordained... why do they add or change their names?

The name of the Lord is a strong tower.
Proverbs 18:10

God's names speak to His truth... His will... His capabilities...  His promises... His magnificent characteristics:
  • Elohim, the God above all gods (Genesis 1:1)
  • El-Shaddai, the Almighty God (Genesis 17:2-3)
  • El-Elyon, God the Most High (Genesis 14:18-20)
  • Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides (Genesis 22:11-14)
  • Jehovah Rapha, our God who heals (Exodus 15:26)
  • Jehovah Shammah, our God who is present (Ezekiel 48:35)
  • Jehovah Yahweh (YHWH), our loving, covenant-keeping God (Exodus 3:13-14)
  • Jehovah Ra-ah, our shepherd (Psalms 23:1)
  • Jehovah Shalom, the Lord of our peace (Judges 6:22-24)
  • Jehovah Nissi, the Lord is our banner, victor, and captain (Exodus 17:16)
  • Jehovah Tsidkenu, our God of righteousness (Jeremiah 23:5-6)
  • Yeshua, Jesus, our Chirst, our Messiah (Revelation 12:10)
  • Jesus, the King of kings, the Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16)
  • Jesus, the Lamb of God (Revelation 5:6)
  • Jesus, the Lion of Judah (Revelation 5:5)
  • Jesus, the Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8; 22:13) 
In Our Daily Bread, we are reminded that when unwelcome circumstances threaten us or we feel vulnerable, we can reflect... call on... stand on... and be assured that our God... our Lord... is forever faithful to His name... He remains steadfast and diligent in His watch and keep over us and ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4