Within the Garden of my Heart

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

John 10:10 Promises

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

I am the door by me if any man enter in he shall be saved,
and shall go in and out and find pasture.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd;
the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
John 10:9-11

Living God's will for my life, easy to know... I'm trusting that with practice, these words will be so engraved with in my mind that I will awaken in the morning and just walk through my days without burdens.  My daily walk is preparing me for those days to come.  My burdens are always placed before the cross and into His loving hands.  Yet, many are the days that I feel heavy laden (weighted down)... days when my heart feels grieved (so broken-hearted)... days when I wish so much more for my family... friends... loved ones... students... coworkers... our nation... our world.

As one of His children, I believe His promises and what His word says about me.  As a human, I wrestle with messages of this world that says I should be in control, some how better than I am... some how self-created by its standards.  Those moments are moments meant for me to put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:13) and stand on scripture passages which will remind the enemy not to be messing while I'm on watch.

I have a designed life by God Almighty... my Creator... my Abba!  I have my Lord Jesus... my Savior... my Shepherd... my Friend!   I have the Holy Spirit... the breath of Heaven... my Comforter... my Guide... my Shield!  I have the Bible... the Word of God... my promises... my covenant... my manual for life... my sword!  And I walk by faith... through prayer... with your help... and in fellowship!

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,
and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints....
Ephesians 6:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4