Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, July 25, 2014

Galatians 3:14 Blessings

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Through Christ Jesus,
God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing He promised to Abraham.
Galatians 3:14

This is the day... my heart did sing this morning as I studied the blessings of Abraham (Deuteronomy 28:1-14). Since 1980, I have heard the phrase being "Hung by the Tongue."  This "guarding" of your tongue is an old testament warning that is in every book, every passage, and central to the Bible's teaching both in the old and new testaments.  It's like God continues to "hit me upside the head" with this teaching (Psalm 141:3, Proverbs 21:23, James 3:1-18, for more use the above tab labeled hung by the tongue):

One who guards his mouth and tongue, guards his soul from tribulations.  
Proverbs 21:23 

For me to gain control of my tongue, I must rethink the way I think.  Hopefully, with much practice, I can gain control over my tongue and speak the truth of Abraham's blessings (Deuteronomy 28:1-14):

And it shall come to pass,
if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God,
to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day,
that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth;
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee,
if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
Deuteronomy 28:1-2

Striving to speak only that which I am willing to live with can be difficult.  The Bible states that we must be on "watch," guarding our "light in the lamp," which means my inner self (my spirit and soul).  When we "put on" the armor of the Lord (Ephesians 6:15-17), we are using scripture as our weapons... speaking His promises and His victory over every situation:

Take on the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6:17

Today's teaching leads to the seven redemptive names of God.  Those names have been given for the full power of God in order for us to defeat the enemies of life:
  • Jehovah Jireh, the Lord Provides = victory over the enemy of lack (Genesis 22:13-14)
  • Jehovah Rapha, the Lord that Heals = victory over the enemy of sickness and disease (Exodus 15:26)
  • Jehovah Nissi, the Lord our Banner and Victor = victory over the enemy of failure (Exodus 17:8-15)
  • Jehovah Shalom, the Lord our Peace = victory over the enemy of worry (Judges 6:24)
  • Jehovah Ra-ah, the Lord my Shepherd = victory over the enemy of confusion (Psalm 23:1-3)
  • Jehovah Tsidkenu, the Lord our Righteousness = victory over the enemy of condemnation (Jeremiah 23:5-6)
  • Jehovah Shammah, the Lord is There = victory over the enemy of fear (Ezekiel 48:35)
You and I have the choice to thank the Lord our God, to accept His power to invoke His name and stand victoriously against any and all of the enemies attacks.  For me, knowing which enemy is on the prowl... which enemy is making ready... which enemy I'm facing makes my defense stronger.  We are in a battle with powers and principalities that have no power over us.  They must bow and flee in the name of the Lord... so which name should I use... that's where the list above will help in our moments of attack:
 
"In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I resist the enemy of _______.
For it is written in _________ that Jehovah _______ has given me full authority and victory over you.
Therefore, as it is written in James 4:7, resist the devil, and he will flee from you (me and mine now and for ever."
Amen, Amen, and Alleluia

Not only do we stand together in prayer, we can suit up and claim victory in each other's hour of need/attack... using His words, His power and strength, and with full wisdom of faith that His victory is eternal!

With thanksgiving for today's bible study with Gloria Copeland and Pastor George Pearsons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4