Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, August 22, 2014

Psalm 62:7-8 Pour Out Your Hearts

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

In God is my salvation and glory,
my rock of strength;
in God is my refuge.

Trust Him at all times, O people.
Pour out your hearts before him,
for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:7-8

Loving the Lord, our God with our whole heart, mind, spirit, and soul is a blessing beyond anything in or off this world. It is in awe that I ponder the depth of His love for me... for me a sinner... for me a person who can be so undeserving. This summer's journey has been an inspiring path. God's calling has led me to new revelations in what my "walking in faith" can be. Surrendering your will can be a huge leap of faith... and yet, it is such a deep relief to know that I belong to my Creator.

His goodness is all around us... you can see it in every tiny aspect of our life... you can see it by simply looking up at an evening sky. You can sense it in the gentleness of a breeze... you can hear it in the purity of a toddler's giggle... you can see it in the spectacular artistry of each season. He is in the touch of an infant... He is in the comfort of a compassionate listener... He is in the thrill of a new adventure.  He is in all things concerning our life!

Trusting in Him at all times, can I turn over my control and let Him be my guardian? Do I trust in Him for the all of those little aspects in my daily walk? The big "ticket" trust is always a prayerful cry, yet what about those little aspects of life? His word demonstrates that He is always awaiting our notice of His presence. He is always diligent, patient beyond my understanding, and so ready to hear from us. He will put His angels on assignment for us when we are in danger, so why would He not be interested in our joys, sorrows, and frustrations of every day living? The other day, my hand could not unscrew a jar lid... you know it... I did ask Him for strength to get that lid off... and He provided! There He was in the littlest of things.

Pour out your hearts before him, am I willing to take all... all... of my concerns to Him before I "speak" anything to others? I have been on a quest in guarding my tongue and it, for sure, is not an easy task. You know those moments when some situation or someone has just offended you... you feel the "need" to defend yourself, well, I've learned to be submissive at that moment since I am immediately in prayer... asking our Lord to "deal" with them while He is "guarding" my mind and heart. The hardship is in "guarding" my tongue and allowing Him the room to work in my heart and thoughts. It is so much easier to "tell" someone of the "offense," to seek their support or their help... some what like a release valve that needs to vent. God's fifth commandment speaks to us to honor our parents... does this not also mean to honor anyone who could be trying us?  We can find strength in these moments by remembering that our Lord Jesus stood before others without speaking in His own defense... Jesus knew that nothing had power over Him unless it had been given by Abba. I know that I serve the only true and living God, no one and no principality has any power over me, for El Shadi (Abba)... His son my Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are my defenders... I answer only to them.

Today is a day that began with three amazing deer in my front yard, the sun rising in spectacular colors, and my daughter and granddaughter making waffles and egg biscuits with me. My morning was blessed to overflowing... So, for the rest of this day, I choose to look for Him to free me from my concerns and enjoy this day as His gift of "goodness"....

To God be the glory... for He is good... all of the time... and... all of the time... He is good!
My God's not dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4