Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Luke 23:32-43 Forgiven

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Two others also, who were criminals, were being led away to be put to death with Him. 
When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, 
one on the right and the other on the left. 
But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." 
And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves. 
And the people stood by, looking on. 
And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, 
"He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One."
The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine,
and saying, "If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!"
Now there was also an inscription above Him, "THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."
One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!"
But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? "And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."
And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!"
And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
Catholic Daily Bible and Meditations
Eternally grateful... what does it mean for us to be grateful for our Lord's passionate desire for us to come and follow?  How do we repent for that which has separated us from Him?  How can I accept His amazing love, grace, and mercy?  As for me, today I will be walking in contemplation what His "forgiveness" is worth...

Three silhouettes were etched upon the barren sky.
The sun was high, yet turning black as if to mourn.
Suspended there between the worlds of life and death,
With every breath I cursed the hour that I was born.

 
I starred upon the crowd that scorned my agony,
Along with me, each one of them could be condemned.
Yeah hanging there and suffering much more than I
The man beside me whispered father forgive them.
 

How could he ever forgive them,
Why he would want to I did not know.
Who was this man who could love them,
After the way that they hurt him so.


Without a word he bore the mocking and the pain,
And then I came to his defense to my surprise.
And when I turned and asked him to remember me,
I suddenly saw paradise within his eyes
.

 
How could he ever forgive me?
Why he would want to I did not know.
Who was this man who could love me?
After the way that I hurt him so.
And then, I knew, he was who he claimed to be.
Only one could forgive and make us free.

 
Forgiven, forgiven for all of the past.
Forgiven, forgiven forgiven at last.

 

Forgiven, forgiven,
Forgiven, and free.
Forgiven, forgiven eternally!
Silverwind 
Forgiven.mp3 Play   Download
Forgiven .mp3 album: Silvewind - A Song In The Night lovesongchristianchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4