Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, August 8, 2014

Isaiah 55:7-9 God's Thoughts and Ways

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
And let him return to the LORD, 
And He will have compassion on him, 
And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.  
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.  
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth.
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:7-9

It is an amazing moment when you view a show, a performance, or a movie and your spirit just jumps into "high gear."  You want to shout, your smile can't be disturbed by anything negative, and you keep replaying the moment in which God's truth "zaps" you free from that which is in this world.

And so it happened last night...we rented the movie "God's Not Dead." It is difficult to consider how many viewers were "touched" by the works of these courageous few.  As an educator, I know that what we teach can inspire, degrade, or ignite a life-long quest for truth.  Yet, there are so many who have their own agendas, their own life struggles, and their own truths that can influence so many.  We always want to believe that we are prepared and stronger than what ever our instructors teach...that's just not true.  If our "here and now" culture continues to "rewrite" history in order to "correct" what once was truth, we will have internal battles with what man should know as truth.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

We do not have to walk through this life alone, yet we are called to walk bravely and with confidence.  Walking with the confidence that there is a creator, a designer, who is diligent in His watch over us. We must not back down when the world seeks to diminish, mock, or condemn the passion and victory of our Lord Jesus Christ.  How do we "stand" against what the world chooses to believe?

For me, I must be reading God's word on a daily basis.  Truth is in His teachings, it is my "owner's" manual for living.  I must be in communication with our Lord Jesus... all day...in all things...with praise always flowing from my heart and mouth.  I put on the armor of God every morning and every time the enemy begins a threat of attack.  I am diligent and consistent with my choices in what I will watch (books, TV, movies, performances, etc)... in what I listen to (music, discussions, news, entertainment, and even sermons), and what I will put my name to (what I say, write, and text).  Does this seem excessive?  Does it seem like a liveable solution?  Is it even worth the agonizing change?  I am convinced that my soul, and the souls of those in my life are more valuable than anything this world has to offer.  If that is truth...then how much more am I willing to do in order to protect that which has such value?

My weeding out of the "negative" in my garden (my life's harvest) began with a head-on collision.  Even though I would be considered the "victim" on that day, I was the blessed... for God heard my cries.  I recommitted my life to His will... I had just made the first of many leaps of faith... I hungered and thirst for His direction... and I have tried to remain obedient to His plan, His ways, His prompting, and most of all His loving goodness... grace... favor... and prosperity.  Is this walk of faith easy... it was never promised to be easy... it's a walk of faith!

I never walk alone.  There are those who will pray with us and for us...24/7...365 days...year after year.  There are primary sources (Bible, biographies, blogs, movies, and every moment of the day there is always music, the radio, and gifted writers).  Wherever two or more are gathered... I am so thankful to writers, musicians, actors, producers, newscasters, and those who are taking on the fight in our media.  It truly makes your heart soar when there is God in what is available for entertainment, allowing you the freedom of choice about what enters into your home, mind, heart and soul.

Our phones, Internet, iPads, computers, and televisions are broadcasting around the world, across our Earth, and throughout the galaxy and beyond... we have the ability to "shout" for the Lord with courage and joy!

Producers like David AR White, Kirk Cameron, Michael Langdon Jr, and Cloud 10 have dedicated the works of their hands for us.  Musicians like Newsboys, Third Day, Mercy Me,and Carman continue to boldly proclaim our Lord to younger generations.  Without the best sellers Left Behind, Heaven is for Real, and 90 Minutes in Heaven, who would be "looking up" in anticipation for our Lord's return?

In letting God's "shout out" not end with me... I texted:
God's Not Dead... Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4