Within the Garden of my Heart

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Proverbs 16:3 His Will, Our Willingness

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Commit thy works unto the Lord,
and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3

As we pause to contemplate this passage of wisdom, I wonder... Why would I not want to let our Lord guide me and bless the works of my hands? With a re-sounding leap down deep in my soul, I commit unto His will.  Yet, do I bring everything to the Lord for all direction?  Do I ask for His blessing and guidance... only to end up doing my way?  What do I do about those "nagging" emotions that keep me wavering in my decisions?

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, 
and He shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Yes, I trust in the Lord with all of my heart, mind, spirit, and soul.  Yes, I acknowledge Him in the blessings and in the struggles.  Yep, I have learned to listen for His direction in all things (or have I?).  Oh, oops... that is the human-sided pause... lean not unto my own understanding.  Have you ever thought that you knew the whole scenario only to be humbled by your own misunderstanding of the situation?  Have you ever stood on an opinion only to find out years later how off base you were?  

I am hoping I'm not alone in this human-sided stumble.  I walk freely from "nagging" thoughts when I am in His word daily.  His words and any form of worship songs will linger and resonate within me as my day progresses... as long as I am reading His word aloud and listening to Christian songs... filling my need for His guidance with praise stabilizes my mind and my emotions.  I do check with the Lord about so many "itty-bitty" thoughts and concerns... I do check with the Lord for any financial spending, as well as proclaiming His blessing upon each penny I spend (since my head on collision it has all been about His prosperity and favor not my money).  I have learned when I need to give a "shout-out" for prayer (especially if my pride could be directing my thoughts).

Here's the "human-side" that trips me up... With so many in my life, I just am always saying too much.  Golly, that self-control over my tongue is a moment-by-moment endeavor.  I am so grateful that our Lord loves me regardless of my-self!  He is always willing to allow me to stumble, or to "muck" things up, and then He is right there to help me get back up when I've fallen on my knees in forgiveness.

Establishing my thoughts... leaning not unto my own understanding...  I am so glad I am not walking on this path by myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4