Within the Garden of my Heart

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Exodus 1:6-8 Wisdom

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Now Joseph and all his brothers and all that generation died,
but the Israelites were exceedingly fruitful,
they multiplied greatly,
increased in numbers and became so numerous that the land was filled with them.
Then a new king, to whom Joseph meant nothing,
came to power in Egypt.
Exodus 1:6-8

This morning is one of those mornings in which the scripture passage caused a hesitation.  My mind reacted quickly with an "Ok, Lord, and what do you want me to do with this passage?"  My spirit felt a bit more willing with a, "Hmmm, yes Lord, I will take a closer look."

 History records Israel's birth as a nation.  It is in Egypt that between two and three million people were living, working, dieing, and apparently "multiplying" for God's plan and Egypt's well fare.  With this new King, history becomes re-written and forgotten.  Egypt enjoyed the "fruits" of Joseph's walk with God.   Yet now, Egypt will know the wrath of God because of a desire to control God's people.  A desire to be the ultimate seat of power, a desire to destroy those that could stand in opposition of the King's decisions.  I wonder why generations "refuse" to learn from the past?  Why does our free-will always lead us into relationships that will cause us to stumble?  Since our free-will is a gift from God, why do we want to walk in ways that aren't pleasing unto Him?

Anyway, this new King decides to put the Israelites back into bondage.  They will put, "every son that is born into the river."  This will ensure oppression in the women, domination over any one in opposition, and will discontinue the blood line of Israel.  Yep, even all those years ago rulers wanted to "put an end" to God's plan and His chosen (Satan does not give up...at least not until Jesus returns... then it will all be "finished" Revelation 19-20:3).  So, Lord this is what we are watching again... it's in our news, people are taking sides, the press is making its case either for or against your Israel... I know to pray, what else would you have me do?

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse:
and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.
And He hath on His vesture and on his thigh,
a name written,
KING OF KINGS,
AND LORD OF LORDS.
Revelation 19:11; 16

Most of us know the story of Moses and the plagues that came upon Egypt (Exodus 2-14). His-story is replaying once more in the promised land of Israel (Deuteronomy 32:49-33)I can't help but wonder, what do these scriptures mean for me, for my children and their children, for my family... loved ones... friends... coworkers... students... my grocery clerks... etc?  I really don't have answers to share with you.  This is one of those moments of faith, a leap that said, "Yes, Lord."  I think these passages are meant for us to read and ponder.  Why are they important to us today?  Are we meant to use them somehow?  What is it that He needs us to do?  I trust our Lord so much, that I know He has a plan... in fact we know His plan (it is found in the books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation). 

Just for today I will wait on Him to reveal more about these passages.  I can say that if it comes to choosing a king to follow... 
I'm choosing my Lord Jesus...
 He is reigning from above,
  in His service is gladness,
 and His banner (our banner) is love.
Catholic Daily Bible and Meditations 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4