Within the Garden of my Heart

Monday, August 18, 2014

2 Corinthians 5: 17-20 Ambassadors for Christ

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

This means that if anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creation.
The old order has passed away;
now all is new!
All this has been done by God,
who has reconciled us to himself through Christ
and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.
I mean that God, in Christ, 
was reconciling the world to himself,
not counting man's transgressions against them,
and that He has entrusted the message of reconciliation to us.
This makes us ambassadors for Christ...
2 Corinthians 5:17-20

These words are blessings.  Not only is there the wonderful restoration and rejuvenation through a repentant heart, but there is God's confirmation that we are forgiven... we are made new... the past has no power against us.  Now this is the hard part, how do I accept the truth of this pardon?  How do I walk away from the "nagging" flashes of the past?  

I "adore" the cleansing that washes over me once I take my burdens (sin-fullness) before our Lord.  Gratefulness isn't a strong enough emotion for my heart's thankfulness that God promises to listen, to forgive, to pardon, and to restore.  Every level of "pruning" provides a "bounce" to my step.  In freedom (from sin), I have found strength in God's will for my life

The "walking" through transgressions into forgiveness and reconciliation... also leads to acceptance about our "dependence" on our Lord.  That "life-style" is one of humility, knowing that it isn't always about me!  Facing the truth and then desiring the "blessings" of His watch over me, His desire for me, His goodness-mercy-grace, His favor and prosperity... His loving me enough to "see" me through to completion!

Must I wait as His ambassador while He is restoring and "raising" me up?  I say no, our walk as His ambassador/witness began while we were on our knees... the moment we called His name... the instant He touched us!

We have each other, His word, and the Holy Spirit... we are called... we are sent...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4