Within the Garden of my Heart

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mark 1:35 Solitary Time

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark,
Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place,
where He prayed.
Mark 1:35

A solitary place, where He prayed... Jesus needed alone time.  A time to be strengthened, a time to listen, a time to turn His thoughts and our needs over into the hands of our father, His father...Abba. These are some of the sweetest words in the Bible. It reminds me that Jesus was human and missed the ease of conversing with Abba. In taking time away from those around Him, He would be in a solitary place of communion with El Shadi. All distractions of the world would be "shut out" and His mind, heart, and soul would be rejuvenated... refreshed... restored in order to get back to business (for us).

Do you have a special place to retreat to? Have you created a special environment that is just for your time with our Lord (Bible, a daily devotional, a comfortable setting)? My retreat spot changes with the seasons, and oh... how I have valued my time on my patio. Do you have a certain area in nature where you feel He is walking with you? I have the Pacific Ocean as my nature destination, the "release" of the world begins as soon as the sky opens up along the crest of the evergreen tree line, there is just something in my spirit that senses the sea, the horizon, the waves crashing on the shore... a peace that is as wide as I can see.

Quiet and introspective time, alone with Jesus. Moments to rest in His presence. A time to communicate with Him, completely free from all the "stuff" of daily life. Allowing Him to bring restoration to my senses, my mind, my heart, and my soul. Spiritual serenity is such a lovely gift... it is in those moments that I am strengthened within my "foundational core" of faith. It is in His presence that I find love. A love so deep that it overflows for those in my every day moments.

My Lord, my God, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4