Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, August 7, 2014

2 Peter 3:8-9 Letting Go

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends:
With the Lord a day is like a thousand years,
and a thousand years are like a day.
The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise,
as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you, 
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:8-9
 
As I walk this path, I find that these scripture passages lead me to a place of cleansing.  A deeper freedom from that which continues to rise up and cause me to falter, fall, and in need of some "help" in starting over.  It is such foolishness that I feel ashamed or filled with abandonment at these moments.  Completely shunned or an out-cast that doesn't measure up.  It's one thing to stumble around because of the choices you are making, the feelings that are controlling you, or even those misunderstandings of self-pride.  It is even more foolish to be "knocked down" or "bowled over" by someone else and their choices.  Why does my heart ache when someone else is making destructive decisions?  Why do I put on a "cloak" of shame that should be theirs to wear?  Why does living become heavy laden?  Once upon a time I was taught that these feelings and thoughts were of an enmeshment that was labeled "dysfunctional."  In a way that can be true.  Now, however, I'm seeing that it could be my level of patience and acceptance with those who are perishing from their deceptive thoughts, pain, endurance, or choices.  My immediate "button" of un-forgiveness gets pushed because somewhere a long the line they have not "cared enough" to apologize for the destruction, danger, or harm done to others.

Don't we become mighty prayer warriors for these sons and daughters of God?  Don't we ask for prayer for them, and prayer for us to be strengthened and guided?  None of us would wish another soul to perish, so why does it seem so "slow" in coming to a place of repentance with our thoughts and emotions when they are "connected" to those who are suffering?  I know that Abba knows what is best for them... and for me. Yet, I am always brought to a place of realization that sometimes when I am in a spiritual warfare, I am also in a place of "un-forgiveness" and am very "slow in my understanding," towards those that have brought the enemy to my door (heart).

It is never difficult to bring all my struggles to the cross of our Lord Jesus.  It is never difficult to receive new understanding (revelation).  It can be extremely difficult to focus on my changes while "letting go" of their "fall-out."  

Patience, understanding, and repentance for them... for me... for our Lord's will to be done....


My Lord help my repentant heart to accept and embrace your continuing forgiveness for me and them.
  Thank you for your diligent watch over us.
  Thank you for keeping your promises.
  Bless us with eternal trust in you, the Holy Spirit, and Your will for each of us. 
Amen, Amen, and Alleighlua  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4