Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Psalm 46:1 God is our Refuge

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

This morning was one of those seasonal moments in which I felt out of step with the calendar.  The fog has covered the hills, the mist has done my watering, and all of my senses spoke an illusion of "fall."  It was such a comfort to open today's reading with His promise that He is our refuge, our strength... I regained joy in knowing that there is summer sun shining above this fall illusion.  I was gently reminded that He is my provider and I just might have needed this type of a morning to "be" slowed down and simply listen for His daily teachings.

Our Daily Bread  reminded me that it is "Our Savior who helps us with His grace to endure, His Word sustains us, friends encourage and pray for us, and His blessed assurance lies within our confidence that He will ultimately work it all together for our spiritual good."

That depth of confidence is freeing.  I can be about this day as planned, blessed beyond measure to let the work of my hands (and hopefully my tongue) bring a smile to Abba's face by the end of this day.  This day is also a present from Abba, one in which I have the opportunity to leisurely un-wrap it and discover those moments to do good around me...

Let us not be weary in well doing: 
For in due season we shall reap if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9

What, oh what will this day bring... Joy in knowing that He is walking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4