Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, June 27, 2014

1 Corinthians 7:23 Not Enslaved

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

You have been bought at a price!
Do not enslave yourselves to men.
1 Corinthians 7:23
NAB

In Spoken For, Alyssa writes about her moment of surrender.  Her desire to be free and to live as God intended.  For as long as I can recall, that has been a continuing desire.  Especially when I have been enjoying my moments with Jesus, those seasons in which I know that I have drawn close unto Him.  When I am out of sync, when I have not been faithful in spending time with His word... I step into a dry spell which takes a toll on my inward peace.  With grace, He works in me... reclaiming me... letting me know that He would like me to spend more time with Him.  And so I do.

The NLT of 1Cor 7:23 reads: God paid a high price for you, so don't be enslaved by the world. Are there words for such a deep and all consuming love?  Will I ever completely gain the full impact of those words?  Some how I know that I will when I first look into Jesus' eyes.  Until then, every time I surrender to His tender attention, as He is pruning... as He is sculpting... as He is nourishing me... I know that I will once again emerge into a revised... rejuvenated...  and renewed vessel.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
 that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2
ESV

At the end of chapter six, Alyssa led me to ponder what God's word says about me and what were the lies from the world that I have been accepting?  Walking away from those lies, asking and accepting His saving Grace, Mercy, and Love provides the freedom to walk out His will for my life... with His blessings... in His joy.

How will I stay focused?  Alyssa's words will spur me on...
"Whenever you doubt your value or worth, look to the cross.  
There you will see the ultimate proof that you are His treasure.  
Not because of anything you have done but because of what He did."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4