Within the Garden of my Heart

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Deuteronomy 7:9 He is the faithful God

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit..... 

What will this morning's reading be about?  Where will it lead me?  I remember when I first read the morning note from God:
This is God.  I will be handling all of your problems today.
I will not need your help.
So, have a great day... enjoy it,
I love you, 
God
Way back then I remember crying over the fact that God, Abba...my creator would love me so much that He would take my burdens and sort them out.  All that was required of me was to trust Him! In today's reading I was reminded not only of this moment from so long ago, but that He is still faithful to that moment that I cried from my heart and soul.

So I want you to realize that the Lord your God is God.
He is the faithful God.
He keeps his covenant for all time to come.
He keeps it with those who love him and obey his commands.
He shows them his love.
Deuteronomy 7:9 NIV 

As each new day dawns, I am committed to giving our Lord my first thoughts.  My daily devotional, my Bible reading, my spiritual reading all leads and guides my daily thoughts and actions with those words read, His words, through out the day.  In the evening, I have other "quick" and "loving" resources which allows me to contemplate His blessings on my day.  I read once (a book titled Joni) that the source of her strength began when she chose to read only those titles that would feed her mind, heart, and soul during the night.  So I thought, why not... if it has worked for her... then I could have the same blessings.  I can read my other titles any time of the day.  As for me, my morning and night readings will be for the Lord.  That leads me to what I am reading right now (this is your commercial break...):
Spoken For: Embracing Who You Are and Whose You Are      How You Can Be Led by the Spirit of God:Legacy Edition(paperback)   God Calling  Our Lady of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa

 In Spoken For, Robin Jones Gunn wrote: "Throughout life we'll all experience many kinds of loss and hurt.  The opinions and actions of others do not define us.  We are known and wanted by the Lord himself.  He never changes, never turns on us, never gives up on us."  He will see me through to completion.  I stand on His promise that:

...for ye are the temple of the living God;
as God hat said,
I will dwell in them, and walk in them;
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2 Corinthians 6:16

"The anchor of God's truth will keep you steady through every stormy season."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4