Within the Garden of my Heart

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Matthew 6:33 Seek the Kingdom of God

Good afternoon Abba, Good afternoon Jesus, Good afternoon Holy Spirit,

This is one of those days.  Read for the Lord and quickly fed the garden.  Before I knew it...the girls showed up and my day has gotten away from me.

So what did scripture choose for me for this beautiful morning?  It's one of those passages in which it plays over and over within your mind and spirit.  I find myself humming it, re-quoting it, pondering it and seeking to know more.

... Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

In my daily walk with Spoken For, Robyn and Alyssa discusses the importance of "embracing who we are and whose we are."  When I begin to take an honest look within, I rarely recognize myself as His daughter of Zion... that is... until I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me into a peace-filled reflection of His making.  I know the depths of His tenderness towards me.  I breathe in the calming motion of His touch, and I can drift off into thoughts of His promises.  So why do I continue to see what the world says... well it's because I am full of human-ness (probably not correct wording but works well).  Being saved and on a faith walk does require you to leave that which the world celebrates and enter into what is blessed beyond measure with Jesus as your Lord, your Savior, your Shepherd, and your Eternity.  This path is not free from temptations, isolation, pain, or battles.  And yet, I would not want to go back to any other way of living.  

In reading chapter six, one phrase just made my heart stop, literally I felt like I couldn't take another breath:
"Do you want what you want when you want it? Or do you want what God wants when he wants it?"

Oh man... talk about getting to see yourself with a microscope!  What do I find?  What do I believe?  What does my spirit resonate?  Today I can say... I quickly smile.  Not so years ago.  Then I would have cried with such agony.  Now quiet tears can drift down past my smile.  I think it's called "basking" in His Love.  Wanting what God wants when he wants it... is an adventure and will be eternally blessed.  I don't always know what's best for me... I rarely make a good choice the first time around... I am always "forever beginning."  So now... I get it!  His way is so much better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4