Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, June 22, 2014

John 17:25 Communion with Jesus

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me
may be in them and that I myself may be in them.
John 17: 25

What does it mean to live in union with Him?  Today's scripture reminded me that I must always leave my heart and mind open to His tender care.  With a malleable heart, he can shape and mold me in order to see through to completion.  I can be attentive to  His voice through the Word of God.  I can choose to spend daily time in His presence... sitting at the feet of my Master.

Sr. Ann Shields teaches that the Holy Spirit is ushered within to bless us with His love.  The promises of spiritual gifts is our Master's design to commune with us.  Consider the following gifts:
  • Wisdom = the gift of a relationship with Jesus our savior, Abba our father, and the Holy Spirit which is His love poured out
  • Understanding = seeing, knowing, and accepting God's plan in your life
  • Counsel = enlightening your conscious
  • Fortitude = supernatural strength = imparted hope + courageous perseverance
  • Knowledge = true value of life as Abba views us = our preciousness
  • Piety = profound confidence and tenderness towards God = extinguishing all attacks
  • Fear of the Lord = reverence and desire to draw close unto Him
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another counselor to be with you forever... the Spirit of truth.
John 14: 16

...because I live, you will also live.  On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
John 14:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4