Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, June 29, 2014

2 Peter 1:2-11

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

If these things are yours and abound,
 you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:8

This process of reading and then writing about the scripture which resonates with my spirit is paving an avenue of peace during my day.  I was unsure of my ability to communicate what a spiritual journey would bring.  I was willing, and yet I was untrained in writing to an audience.  What would you think?  Would you find nuggets of His hand at work in your life through these stepping stones?  Would He be glorified with the words that are being etched upon this blog?

With today's focus, the apostle Peter is tugging at my heart to remember that Christlike living is a process.  Spiritual development increases with the blessed assurance that His word does not come back void. Learning "how" to be a willing vessel means letting go of my mindfulness (control) and nodding acceptance to His work within me, through me, and with hopefulness out to you.  What does His spiritual out pouring look like?  It is promised that  faith, virtue, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love will shine through us so that we may be a blessing to others.  That means a complete commitment to be dependent on Him and His will.

Join me in this process of learning to know our Lord:

Lord, so often we want complete and perfect solutions here and now.
  But You work graciously in Your good time.
  Let Your goodness and patience and virtue shine through us so that we may bless others for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4