Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2 Corinthians 5:17: A New Creation in Him

On June 16, 2004 my journey as an adult orphan began.  Although I have many loved ones, family, friends, and co-workers... my new season in life without my mother was just beginning.  As that moment for her to go home to our Lord arrived, all I could do was hold her hand and whisper-sing "I Can Only Imagine" in her ear.  Later,as we gathered her items, I found a slip of note paper on which she had written 2 Cor 5:17 and 1 John 5:13.  Her morning visitor had prayed with her and left these two scripture passages for her to ponder, and now... 10 years later, I am posting them as answer to God's calling to draw nearer to Him.  So it is a gift to begin this journey with, my mother's last thoughts...

 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

Birth 1957.... Graduation 1975.... Seasonal Change 2014: 57 years later
Every morning I awake with "Good Morning Abba, Good Morning Jesus, Good Morning Holy Spirit."  In May, I was given a pink-camo-ed Duck Dynasty Daily Devotional.  It had been a rough few days in full battle with weapons being slung at me from every direction.  I was suited up with the armor of God (Eph 6:13-20) and stood... claiming Psalm 91. In preparation for Pentecost, I had been journeying with Kenneth E Hagin's, How You Can be Led by the Holy Spirit.  That morning I had been reading about practicing the Word of God, and by faith I knew this path... so when scripture lept from the page into my heart I knew the Lord was trying to get through my thoughts and into my spirit:

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

That evening when I opened the gift from my kiddos, I turned to my birthday's devotion:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-25

The Holy Spirit will do amazing things with me, through me, and in me... I just got to get out of His way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4