Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Matthew 5:16 Letting Good Deeds Pave His Pathway

Good afternoon Abba, Good afternoon Jesus, Good afternoon Holy Spirit,

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

I couldn't walk away from today's reading about God working on us.  In my daily devotional there was a witness that prompted two days of contemplation, two days of memories and acknowledging what my life was once like and how my life has been changed.

I have been blessed in a faith walk that began as a toddler.  My time with God began so very long ago that I would not know how to breathe without considering His guidance and teachings.  And yet, there have been so many lessons that have brought me closer unto His ministering hands. Lessons that I will only grasp the full measure of as I walk with Him in His garden.  The most encompassing moment began so many years ago when my youngest walked off a ledge and began drowning... that very day ended with me gasping for breath as I viewed paramedics trying to get me out of my SUV.

From that point on I have been under His designing touch... being reshaped... being fired... being designed... being lovingly crafted.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, 
but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

As I mentioned above, there was a witness shared that spoke of God's guidance during a brief interchange.  A man approached the writer while he was pumping gas, the man was asking for some money.  The writer ignored the man's request, and at once God began working in his spirit.  The story ended with the writer accepting and following the Holy Spirit's prompting to give that man the money.  It was the reminder of that revelation (money is only temporary but the kindness would open various levels of eternal possibilities) which caused my memories to under go a closer scrutiny.  How often have I followed the Holy Spirit's prompting, how often have I walked away only to go back and change a behavior, and how often have I walked away only to be humbled for my choice.

When we view people and situations as our Lord sees them, we are generous and not in judgement:
Keeping God as our focus + Being willing and obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit = Being His vessel of His design

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4