Within the Garden of my Heart

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Joshua 1:8 Meditate on His Word

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

According to His plan... all three of my morning passages aligned with His word:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: 
for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Joshua 1:8
I was always so concerned about memorizing passages.  To memorize anything has never lasted beyond short term, especially now as I am older, plus that head on collision didn't help matters.  Yet, meditating all day long on what His word is saying to me is like breathing.  With my morning reading, I have been led to follow a prescription for educating my spirit (and claiming that my mind will be renewed):
  • Meditate on His word = feeding, nourishing, and building up His storehouse of strength, promises, blessings, and weapons
  • Practicing His word = saying it out loud, claiming it as mine, accepting it as a new mind set (James 1:22)
  • Giving His word priority = the first and last images, thoughts, and moments are given unto Him (Proverbs 4:20-22)
  • Instantly obeying His spiritual directives = checking my thoughts with His word... asking if this is His will... listening for confirmation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
 Not necessarily an easy "to-do" list, and yet if so many have spent a life time investing in financial opportunities or going to a gym for their health/body... then I can put in the 10-15 minutes of my mornings and evenings to invest in my eternal future.  Since Jesus invited us into a close, everyday, relationship with him... I will allow Him to see me through to completion:

I am the vine; you are the branches.
If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5  

In Spoken For, I was humbled by the realization that I (myself) can do nothing... God can do whatever He wants; He doesn't need me as a puppet or servant.  He invites me to be a part of what He is already doing.  He values me without my needing to do anything, I can stop trying to make God proud of me. I can live with Him as the vine and me as His branch (Jn 15:4).

You are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.
Isaiah 43:4
NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4