Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, June 20, 2014

Psalm 139:17-18 My Thoughts Towards You

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Surprised blessings are such a gift.  I anticipated a rainy beginning to my day and was surprised to see His glorious sun with a cool breeze kissing my face.  The only thing better is when the location is the beach, and yet I am so grateful for the wonderful garden in which I can walk with Him, and talk with Him.  So I am blessed beyond measure!

For my daily scripture I shouted "Yes," as I read:
...My thoughts toward you are as countless as the grains of sand on the seashore.
Psalm 139: 17-18

Thank you Lord for your diligent watch over me and mine!  Every day, even every second of the day, someone I admire or trust has the potential of looking at me with disapproving glances... saying something that causes to me stumble... plants a seed of doubt about my goodness or worth.  Whether they mean to... well that is between them and our Lord.  Do I need to accept such poison into my mind, my heart, or my soul... No, I choose to stand on His promises that I am created in His image.  That He loves me in a way that I will not fully understand until I run home to His loving arms.  Must He reprimand me for thoughts, actions, or choices... of course.  And yet He is so loving and kind in His discipline and I know that it is His job to raise me up, prune me, and see me through to completion in order for my life... my name... to bring a smile to Abba's face.  How do I stand when other voices/actions are showing a lack of respect or love?

My plans for your future are for good, to give you hope...
Jeremiah 29:11

This is a process that begins with faith.  When I am shut down, hit up side the head, or stabbed by someone... I must rely on the armor of the Lord.  Every morning I suit up for my journey.  I claim a loud the blessings of Ephesians 6:11-18. I often find that I crave someone to confirm my "goodness,"  I have been blessed with many in whom I can go to without fear.  But it is not until I take my concerns, failings, or pains before Jesus do I gain strength and inner peace.  That inner peace surpasses any and all weapons formed against me.  Since He is for me... no one... no thing... no weapon... no curse... no evil can touch what He has created in me.  For He has declared that I can walk as the daughter of Zion.  He has blessed me to be His.  He alone is the one I answer to.  And He provides my protection under the shadow of His wings.  A very dear mentor showed me how to take captive my thoughts.  Place your hands upon your head... act as if you are removing a bowl from the top of your head and handing it to Jesus... and proclaim... "I give these thoughts unto you, my Lord, take them from me... bind them and do with them what you will... bless my mind, my heart, and my soul with your goodness."

In Spoken For, Robin reminded me: "...I need Abba's perspective on how He sees me..."  As I journey with in scripture, I know... that I know... that He will provide that verse that will inspire, heal, uplift, and change my thoughts, actions, feelings, and path.

Today I search for that passage which will:  
"...fill a heart with peace because it gives you assurance that Almighty God
 was faithful and true and wanted only the best for you!"
Robin Jones Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4