Within the Garden of my Heart

Friday, July 1, 2016

Surrendering All

Do not conform to the pattern of this world,
 but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
 Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--
his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

When I have been on my knees, praying about an out-of-control situation... Our Lord is merciful and washes us with His peace that surpasses all understanding. Yet, the minute I leave that moment in His presence... something creeps in and my mind replays the scenario that brought me to my knees in the first place. 

When you have prayed and you can't hold onto the peace... You know you just can't be a part of the agony any longer... A radical surrender usually follows! Surrendering all to God means all, even those conversations within your mind. Putting on the armor of the Lord (Ephesians 6:13) leaves me covered while binding and rebuking those thoughts that hinder the gift of His peace.

In Shelia Walsh's book, The Longing In Me, she reminded me that "giving up your attempts at control, letting the person do his or her worst, and seeing what God will do..." is far greater than speaking to others or doing anything on my own. Trusting and letting God do His will in our lives/situations is His role... He is my vindicator!

Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me your law.
Remembering "whose" we are... what our standard is... what our calling is... and who is in control, leads us not only into a place of peace but allows us to live freely, in the meantime, while God is at work.


Choose to live freely in His will. Refuse to give into the world and what is deemed tolerant, acceptable, or contrary to God's word. As a Christian be supportive by offering prayer. As a Christian, the words "I'm not comfortable with this conversation," is a complete sentence that should lead the gossip away from shredding another's name.

Dear Abba, Lord Jesus, and Holy Spirit... lead me in ways everlasting! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4