Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Just a whisper of His name...


"Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips."

Just a whisper of His name, Jesus... Yeshua... my Shephard! With a gentleness that is so tender it causes your heart to "ker-thunk" into a natural rhythm. The sweetness of His presence is swift. As I was rocking our littlest grandbaby, I sensed the moment he drifted off to sleep. That complete surrender into a place of secured sleep. Gazing upon his "peace-filled" face I thought about how often our Lord will gaze upon us. Touching the dimples in our little one's hands and seeing a tiny smile grace his darling face, I pondered how quickly my entire being changes when I whisper our Lord's name. No other words are needed. The child-like peace is instantaneous. Secured in His presence is so soothing, beautiful, and renewing.

Then... as that moment lingers, the rushing of the life gets back into the "swing" of daily "doings." Before I know it, my thoughts... my actions... my tongue begins the exhausting push in getting things done. Praising our Lord is easy... keeping the "old tongue" in control is a thorn that pierces my peace, my infects my thoughts, and zaps my energy. With the help of the Holy Spirit, self-control can tame my tongue. There is no open door for "grumblings" to enter my day. Or anyone's day who happens by!

Therefore, for today I am on watch over my thoughts and my tongue. I surrender every word to Him! 

"Lord Jesus, take control of my mouth today.
Forgive me for careless, thoughtless, and angry words.
Let my words bless You and others." 
Keila Ochoa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4