Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Being Faithful in Small Things: 2 Cor 9:8

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you,
 so that in all things, at all times,
 having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
2 Cor 9:8

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

With much joy, today is a day that the Internet is working. That meant my daily posts can be sent to all of you. Some times it is all about finding joy in the small things!

This morning has been filled with doing what is there for me to do. What was a take-away from last fall's study, greeted me this summer morning: "Waking up to enjoy the small things." In my journal, there was a page "mapped" with these words: "Grateful and placing value on the small accomplishments/blessings that we can begin our day with... the possibilities are endless!"

Yes, in fact the possibilities are endless. Just for today, what would our Lord wish for me to do? It's all in the seeking (asking), what is His desire of me for this day? Since the 5:00am alarm, my day has been less organized... flittering from here to there. A few moments in the yard and then back in to the computer (of course a snack, a quick cup of tea, the rinsing of dishes, stopping for a brief discussion with little Gabriel Michael, etc). By Noon, this entry had its beginning!

Melanie's study (listed below) taught me that I could be "living with an enthusiasm while embracing where life is right now." Shout out to her for that thought. Seriously, knowing my "right now" can be of use for His purpose. Now that brings renewed enthusiasm!

My initial goal for today... In yesterday's post there had been a brief statement and a link for verse mapping. Thoughts throughout the day kept returning to the lack of details about this form of ordering your learning known as verse mapping. It is a new path for me during my scripture studies, although my journal technique is always evolving this is a deeper form of notation. Here are a few screen shots that might provide some insights about verse mapping. 
    
Go to Kristy's site for her details!

Every word written in a scriptural journal ensures that those seeds can be revisited and nurtured. Which is another shout of joy, especially when my mind races beyond God's word and/or inspiration shared shared for my harvest. Take time for yourself and check into these resources. 

The possibilities are endless...
Church of the Small Things Study Guide: Making a Difference Right Where You Are
ISBN: 978-0310081340
Melanie Shankle  Melanie Shankle is a graduate of Texas A&M and lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband, Perry, and daughter, Caroline. Melanie began blogging in July 2006 when she started her blog, Big Mama. She’s also a regular contributor to The Pioneer Woman blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4