Within the Garden of my Heart

Thursday, June 28, 2018

AM beginnings: This is the day! Psalm 118:24

"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
PS 118:24

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

What should have begun with anticipation for my time with our Lord, daily devotion and inspirational teachings quickly turned into a selfish tantrum. Seriously, where do moments like that come from? With humility, confessing that "buttons-pushed" can be so derailing (for everyone in the area). With wisdom from the Holy Spirit it was time to walk away (at least I was listening to the prompting). In the wake of this unrest, I had to repent of my willingness to be derailed and ask: "Lord, what is the target in me that was so primed for such a response? Lord, I rebuke that agreement of self-defense that was made so long ago. Lord, come with me into that agreement moment to bind it and cast it away from my mind, my heart, my spirit, and my soul. Through your authority Lord Jesus, that agreement has no power over me any longer, for it is in Your victory at the cross that has set me free." Alleluia... Alleluia... Alleluia..."

Just for this moment, if you are in need of a "reset" in your day... Sing with me:

This is the day, this is the day.
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice, we will rejoice,
And be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made.

We are the sons, we are the sons,
Of the living God, of the living God.
We will rejoice, we will rejoice,
And be glad in Him, and be glad in Him.
We are the sons of the living God.
We will rejoice and be glad in Him.
We are the sons, we are the sons
Of the living God.
Matt Johnson (1983)

Of course maybe the Holy Spirit is bringing me back to May 1, 1976...

It's a brand new day,
everything is fine
 Though it may be gray,
I want you to know that the sun's gonna shine
And out of that sky, piercing every cloud, is our God on high!
There will be a new heart for every man
like the flowers that bloom in early spring
For every life there is a plan,
no matter what autumn breezes bring
So put away care, let freedom be yours 
Joy is everywhere, joy is everywhere!
Let freedom ring, alleluia now
Everybody sing let your voices shout to the mighty King.

Well the heaven's declare in a way so grand 
If the skies are fair or windy or gray 
it's the work of His Hands 
And down on that ground, with never a word 
Such a mighty sound 
And the morning will see the rolling sun 
As he happily rises o'er the land 
A messenger on his daily run 
Brings news of the Father's guiding Hand 

His Law of love, it is wholly wise 
Word from above gives joy to my heart and it's light to my eyes 
It's riches are fine out lasting all days 
To the end of time 
Though I walk in the path of evil ways 
And my thoughts are a presence causing pain 
There's always a sun of future days 
That follows a time of wind and rain
Paul Quinlan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4