Within the Garden of my Heart

Monday, September 1, 2014

Proverbs 22:6 His Seed

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Train up a child in the way he should go;
and when he is old,
he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Our greatest assignment! Often, though, this is one of the most difficult tasks to "muddle" our way through. So many if only I had.... 
God is good all of the time! He is diligent in His watch over my children, grandchildren, and every child that comes across my path. Proverbs is a manual for all things in life. It can be a daunting mirror about our-self, it is a good source for what will align our thoughts with His will, and it reveals what a true Christ-like life should be.

Trusting in each seed we plant in our little ones is one of the greatest "leaps of faith" I have ever taken. It is a path of persistent prayer. It can be humbling. It can be painful. It can bring the most endearing moments of joy.

Being aware that our children, all children are watching and listening is a good thermometer for knowing how "well" we are raising our future generations. The world tells us not to offend... Our Lord demanded us to "train up" our children, His children:

Let the children come to me and do not forbid them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. 
Matthew 19:14

Gosh, how I pray that I help in raising up His precious children (no matter what their ages). That one day I will hear Him say, "Well done." That what I have planted pleases Him. That what I have failed to do will be forgiven. And that, what I can make right will bring blessings upon those I have misguided.

"Planting Godly seeds, will one day bloom into Godly plants."
Jay Stone 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4