Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Isaiah 58:6-7 Pleasing God

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens, 
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked,
that you cover him.
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
Isaiah 58:6-7

For bible study, I pondered what was our Lord teaching me through Isaiah's prophetic word? Once we have made Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, what is the way in which He would want us to walk? What is my witness if it is not in my actions or words? Is my repentance and acceptance enough to bring a smile to Abba's face?
If you keep my commandments,
you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father's commandments
and abide in His love.
These things I have spoken to you,
that My joy may remain in you,
and that your joy may be full.
This is My commandment,
that you love one another as I have loved you.
John 15:10-12 

Even though Jesus gave us His new commandment to love as He loved, He never said that the Old Testament Commandments were to be forgotten. Instead, He reminded us that as He walked with us here on earth... He kept His father's commandments:  

So why is the world so willing to "assume" that God's commandments are no longer a requirement?  Why would God's love and guidance be so "offensive" to others that all must keep quiet about Jesus' truth? The Mosaic law has remained a compass for generations, thousands of years, and yet within the last few decades "the world" has slowly "chipped" away that which was meant for man's safety, joy, and freedom.
Beloved, do not believe every spirit,
 but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
 for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 
 By this you know the Spirit of God:
 every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 
 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.
 This is the spirit of the antichrist,
 which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
1 John 4:1-3

Testing the spirits, using our system of checks and balances... what does God's word say? Is what the world wants, what we should be accepting? Does today's society measure up to God's will or are the scales being tipped by what the world's "truth" is designing as an acceptable way to think and act? Who does the world say Jesus is?

Every day it seems like freedom is not free any longer. So what can I do to bring a smile to Abba's face?
 Then the King will say to those on his right,
 ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
 take your inheritance,
 the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 
 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
 I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
 I was a stranger and you invited me in, 
 I needed clothes and you clothed me,
 I was sick and you looked after me,
 I was in prison and you came to visit me.
 Matthew 25:34-36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4