Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Psalm 78:37-38 Merciful is our Lord

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

Though their hearts were not steadfast toward Him,
nor were they faithful to His covenant.
But He, being merciful, forgave their sin and destroyed them not;
Often He turned back His anger and let none of His wrath be roused.
Psalm 78:37-38

Such a sweet promise, He holds back His wrath and is always merciful and forgiving. Yesterday, I was so happy to see a movie of my youth available for viewing.  The cinematography was unbelievable (especially since it was filmed on Mt. Hood in the PNW).  The songs brought me such joy when I was a pre-teen, that I was joyfully singing along with delight. The characters were some of the best in Hollywood and on Broadway. They were so animated and brought so many moments of laughter. And yet, somewhere before the end of the movie, I was gently reminded why this movie was not something I should have revisited. Sinful ways are not a toy to be playing with. Sin... all sin... is not a door that I choose as my entertainment, let alone invite into my home. How old was I when this type of entertainment became funny, enjoyable, and relaxing? Why now, did this movie regain entrance into life, like a childhood friend that you joyfully greet and willingly invite into your home? Spiritual gardening... a flower from my youth was in fact a weed with nettles... how easy it was for me to forget to be protected and put on my gardening gloves.

So today, I pondered a few truths... at what point in my life did our nation decide that sin would be acceptable entertainment? Once Israel was given back their covenant lands (1957-1958), it seems that it took no time for the United States to remove prayer and bible teaching from our schools (1965-1967). In fact, science and history books were re-written in order to change the shift from the US being a Judeo-Christian nation. Was this the reason for such a drastic shift within our country, our homes, and our entertainment boundaries? Did my beloved movie really have a connection in changing the acceptance level within my generation? Was it a vehicle used to replace moral and ethical principles/standards with a lowered tolerance for a state of "politically correct" acceptance?

Seek the Lord while He may be found,
call Him while He is near.
Let the scoundrel forsake his way,
and the wicked his thoughts;
let him turn to the Lord for mercy;
to our God, who is generous in forgiving.
Isaiah 55:6-7 

Through His mercy and grace our Lord Jesus Christ suffered a horrific and humiliating death. He willing took our sinfulness in order for us to have a way to regain a loving relationship with Him and our creator El Shadi (Abba). Through His precious blood we can humbly bring our sinful thoughts, actions, and deeds before Him. Knowing full well, He will be merciful and forgiving. Knowing that He is always ready to interceded on our behalf. Knowing that Papa God (Abba) loves us so much that Their diligent watch over us is a longing that remains eternal. We can run to them and ask for forgiveness, we can be made new, and we can walk away strengthened in our relationship with Them. The Holy Spirit is always "gently" reminding us about what we see, hear, say, and do... are we listening?

For today, I will renew my commitment to being yours my Lord.
 Forgive me the sinful nature of being deceived and accepting of that which is in this world.
 Cleanse me from that which entertains my mind,
 protect my heart and soul by closing the doors to any other temptations,
 and fill me to overflowing with Your thoughts and goodness.
In your name Lord Jesus I pray...Amen, Amen, and Hallelujah!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4