Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Psalm 71:6 Praising Continually

Good afternoon Abba, Good afternoon Jesus, Good afternoon Holy Spirit,

From birth I have relied on you;
    you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
    I will ever praise you.
Psalm 71:6

Yesterday's reading is still on my mind. Isn't that the way of the Lord. His word gets planted and it begins sprouting forth. The writing was about birthdays. Both the joys of our youth and the discouragements of aging. 

"Birthdays remind me of God's faithfulness.
And they bring me closer to being in the presence of the
One who has been with me all these years!" 
Joe Stowell 

 Birthdays are so joyous. Blessings for others creates such an appreciation with in my heart. Knowing how blessed my life has been because our Lord has graced my life with so many men and women of faith. It is so natural for me to speak blessings for others. The difficulty comes with including myself in the same type of blessing. This reading is causing me to ponder. My birthday is an opportunity to be mindful of His faithfulness, His "being" with me all of these years. It puts a "spin" on why I should be celebrating my birthday. Why He created me. Why He loved me so much that He suffered, died, and rose again... 

How deep is my love for Him? At what level can I accept that His creation of me was carefully, tenderly, and completely of His joyful crafting. That His will was in the creation of a child that would bring Him joy, that one day there would be a calling in striving to do His will, and that through those moments... there would  be a "seeking" of Him in every moment of living. A creation of His own design!

Is that me Lord? Could I be so joyfully made, that you smile when you look upon me? Wow, that causes me to stop and praise Him. What would I be if I was without Him? May I always honor you my Lord, my Savior, my Shepherd, my Heart!

"Lord, remind me often that growing older means I am growing nearer to You!
Keep my heart filled with gratitude for Your many blessings,
and keep my mind fixed on the joy of Heaven."
Joe Stowell   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4