Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Psalm 63:8 My Soul Follows

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:8

As with each and every day, today is a new day. This is the day that our Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Such a power-filled statement of faith. What a blessed reminder that we really can, for this moment, walk by faith. We can commit to His will for our journey with complete trust that He has us covered. Thoughts from His promises, once read and spoken, gives us the strength of endurance.

Although we are sinners, we choose to follow our Lord Jesus. We acknowledge with gratitude that it is through His Grace, Mercy, and Love we are consecrated unto Him and Him alone. Nothing ever seems to "look" the same. We can see His hand at work in our lives and the lives of others. We recognize His majesty in the detailed beauty of His creations. We are swept up into His joyous celebrations with praise, song, and laughter. We experience His gentleness in His unfailing corrections as He sees us through to completion. We know the truth of His peace that surpasses all understanding. And we can feel the Holy Spirit's comfort when we are overwhelmed and broken.

Yet, with each new day His word promises that "joy comes in the morning." When my eyes open, like a child, I greet the Holy Trinity with a joyful "Good Morning." My rest in Him, from the night before, brings renewal as I begin my day in praise. No matter how the day unfolds... in-spite of  the obstacles, the pain, the oppression, or the duties... I know my strength comes from our Lord.

Beneath His watchful eye
His saints securely dwell;
That hand which bears all nature up
Shall guard His children well.
Doddridge
(Our Daily Bread)

During this weeks devotions I contemplated the depth of Abba's extended hand unto me. Whether it is a moment of need, or a petition for others, or even those moments of fun... He is always extending His hand unto me. Waiting for me to invite Him into what I am experiencing. Have you ever considered how many moments of quiet, or during a gathering, or in some silly fun... you have forgotten to bring Him along? What about those silly moments when watching a child caught up in joy... or what about moments when you are playing on a beach? In the new testament (2 Timothy 4:7), Paul writes with assurance that he has fought the good fight and finished the race. What would Jesus be doing at the finish line? Take a moment this week to consider how we act when we watch the Olympics, those sport games, concerts, or watching a little one accomplishing something for the first time? I choose to believe that He is just as proud... excited... full of joy... and shouting us on...
He bids us undismay'd go on:
Onward then we gladly press...
Enjoy His abundant life...
Live it "well." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4