Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ecclesiastes 7:20 In clarity and truth

Good Morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good Morning Holy Spirit,

 For there is not a just man on earth, that does good, and sins not.
 Ecclesiastes 7:20

 Today's journey is about His revealing the truth in my sinful nature. In one of my daily devotionals, it was talking about the light shining through the window and revealing the dust particles in the stream of light. Wow, how true is this. That once we begin our journey within God's precious and holy word... we begin having moments of clarity about our sinfulness. 

Sometimes those recollections of words spoken are "washed and made new" once I ask forgiveness. Sometimes I must journey to an act of reconciliation with the person I have wronged. With other sinful choices, I have fallen on my knees and asked our Lord to forgive me and make me clean. Renewed, refreshed, and strengthened with resolve to "go and sin no more."

It is in those moments when Christ's light exposes our sin He is "pruning away" the dead branches. He is weeding out that which has caused us to stumble or fall short of His blessings. He is as a potter, molding us into His vessel. Although the clarity and truth of our sinfulness can cause us to "gasp" in despair, He is loving us through to completion for His glory. He is tending to our every need. He is providing His mercy and grace in the form of repentance and reconciliation.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

With humility and childlike trust, we can turn our sinful nature over and into His loving hands. We die to our selfish pride... we acknowledge that we can do nothing without Him. We joyously accept His will... and we strive through prayer, reading His word, and meditation to walk with Him in all things and ways.
"Woe to me!" I cried.
 "I am ruined!
 For I am a man of unclean lips,
 and I live among a people of unclean lips,
 and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.
Trusting in His goodness, walking by faith, our Lord Jesus promised:

"I have come into the world as light,
 so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness."
John 12:46

"It is good for us that we feel unworthy as we draw closer to God, for it humbles us to rely on Him alone."
Lawrence Darmani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4