Within the Garden of my Heart

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

John 10:27 Hearing His Call

Good morning Abba, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit,

My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them,
and they follow Me.
John 10:27

Do you know the sounds and the signals of our Shepherd's presence? It is such a comfort knowing the sound, the prompting, and the sweet blessings of our Lord. Whenever the world begins speaking louder than the word of God, I now know that I can always choose to retreat into a place of His presence. Distractions and misleading voices cause such doubt, grief, and chaos. Therefore, I try to stay connected to the Holy Spirit for the discerning signals that will prompt me to stop... to turn my thoughts over to our Lord Jesus... and to claim His protection over my mind, my heart, my spirit, and my soul.

It is in trusting Jesus as our Shepherd that I can shut off anything that is not of Him. I no longer accept any thing that the word of God does not proclaim as good and of His blessing. I choose not to "play tag" with those images or sayings that are so often directed at me. Don't get me wrong, this walk of faith takes energy. It takes a diligent watch over what or who I am listening to. Within my trusting relationship with Abba our faithful Father, with His son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, and with the constant guidance of the Holy Spirit... I can stand against any weapon formed against me even when it looks as if I am being attacked, defeated, or oppressed.

In most things that are alarming, I can find His encouragement. In all things that are meant for evil, I can locate a passage to remind the tormentor to "back-off" from me and mine. In those things that cause me frustration, I can humbly cry out to Jesus for His unmeasurable strength and peace. When I feel as if the storm will over take me, I know that the blessed Trinity is overseeing my protection.

Today is always a day of new beginnings, I can be in His joy because I am being led by His calling... guided by His hand... protected by His mercy and grace... and I seek to know His voice.

We are not walking alone, we have His word, songs of praise, fellowship in and with His flock...
Join me in an assured smile and look for His hand at work in your life... listen for His messages of love for you and others around you... read a passage that is given for you at this moment... on this day.
His call can always be heard:

I will whistle for them and gather them,
for I will redeem them.
Zechariah 10:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4