Within the Garden of my Heart

Sunday, October 19, 2014

1 Thessalonians 1:2-5 Chosen

Good afternoon Abba, Good afternoon Jesus, Good afternoon Holy Spirit,

We give thanks to God always for all of you,
remembering you in our prayers,
unceasingly calling to mind your work of faith
and labor of love
and endurance in hope of our Lord Jesus Christ,
before our God and Father,
knowing, brothers and sisters loved by God,
how you were chosen.
For our gospel did not come to you in word alone,
but also in power and in the Holy Spirit
and with much conviction.
1 Thessalonians 1:2-5

Giving thanks to God always for all of you, is that not a beautiful image. An image that gently reminds you about all that you do for those you love, for those whom are in your life, for those who once were a part of your life, and for those who are of service in all the many places you go.

Knowing, brothers and sisters loved by God, how you were chosen. Such a lovely caress... one of those "God shots." Those words that speak deeply to your heart, your memories, and your soul. Reminding us that we were chosen out of His love for us. Reminding us that He is faithful in His watch over us. That as we walk through this life, He will be our strength... our refuge... our defender.

The gospel did not come to us in word alone, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit. The blessing of the Holy Spirit.  The power of the conviction that the Holy Spirit is always with us. The Holy Spirit guides, comforts, protects, and takes our needs to our Lord. With much conviction the Holy Spirit will boldly stand for us, with us. We do not walk this path without the Holy Spirit. Such relief in knowing that I do not need to have all the answers.  In fact, I only need to rely on our Lord Jesus and the word of our Father (Abba), in order to have peace even in the midst of my storms. Don't get me wrong, I know... that I know... that it takes much work to proclaim our promises from the word of God.  Faith is not always easy, my trials can cause loneliness, heartache, anger, and a sense of being led astray... being betrayed.  Yet, He has never left me in the dark or abandoned me and not returned with His peace that surpasses all understanding.

There is so much in the world that wants me to get in a place of fear.  There are so many in the world that are trying to shame me into believing that our God, our savior Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are anything other than purified love.  I will not listen.  I will not watch.  I will not speak. I will believe... I will pray... I will praise with thanksgiving... for I belong to El Shadi my creator!

Today, if you are letting the world in to your life... right now take a moment to shut the door and windows and say... 
Lord, Jesus my faith is in you alone.
Here I am, take my life and do something good with it.
Let me bring a smile to Abba's face.
I belong to you.
Thank you for choosing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remaining United

Follow Me on Pinterest

Keeping Touch:

Beautiful Works

Beautiful Works
"Ask the Lord for rain in the Springtime; it iS the Lord Who SendS the thunderstorms.He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the fieLd to everyone." Zechariah 10:4